Dear True Fans and Supporters – I vlogged about our plans in the last blog post, and the expected $60k construction grant did not arrive yet. Without this cash we will NOT deliver on our stated construction goals (5000 square foot off-grid fabrication facility and 10 superinsulated living units) – so we are proposing a recovery plan. WE NEED $20k in the next 7 days to remain on schedule, with groundbreaking on September 15, 2011. I am moving proactively to address this, and now every day counts as winter is coming.
I got on the phone, and found a $10k commitment already. We need $10k more within 7 days to deliver on our existing plans (construction materials and additional equipment such as open source tractor-mounted cement mixer). I am putting up a 7-day Chip-In for crowd funding for $10k.
This is for only 7 days – so chip in now if you’re considering it at all, and spread this through your networks. We need over $1k/day to succeed on this. If the $60k comes in, we’ll jump in joy – but we cannot rely on this dependency if at this time if we want to meet our construction goals for this year. I am committed to making this happen, so we can carry on a substantial parallel GVCS development effort both at Factor e Farm and with remote prototyping. It would be nice to have a warm roof over our heads this winter…
We’re in our final push for construction, finishing fabrication of our open source CEB presses and tractors by next week. What else? We’re building the first prototype of the Dimensional Sawmill for lumber for this construction season. We will be baling with our own baler – together to demonstrate the feasibility of super-insulated housing at $2 per square foot material costs – from local materials while meeting industry-standard construction schedules – using our open source tractor and compressed earth brick presses.
If you think this is worth demonstrating – this season as opposed to some time in the future – then chip in today. I am Tweeting this and putting it on Facebook, plus sending this to all donors from the last year of this project.
To ground this recovery plan, if we don’t have at least $1-2k by tomorrow, or as needed, I will:
- Take to the phone for further support. Call up Call up former major donors for support.
- Mine my emails for all donors from over the last 5 years
- Recruit 3 supporters to do some calling, emailing, and posting (can you volunteer?)
- Spend 1/3 of my capacity on this, eliminate all other tasks, to retain 2/3 of my energy on completing the equipment preparation.
- Post on the TED Fellows blog and P2P blog regarding an update, with this as the pressing present condition.
- Dig up a few contacts from my journals that I forgot I ever had, and thereby bring my relationships up to date.
- Request 10 of my best supporters to commit to 6 dedicated hours on this over the next 7 days.
- Invite 100 leading supporters as needed to email their friends, committing one dedicated hour to this. See sample Recovery Plan Email that you can send to your friends.
No related posts.