Dear True Fans and Supporters, we have fallen into a general video and documentation blackhole over the last 4 months. People are asking for news. We haven’t been idle:
To reach the documentation blackhole escape velocity, I further report:
- Project documentation on the wiki is improving dramatically. Ryan Lutz joined us for a month on a Dedicated Documentation Project Visit and contributed significantly to formatting. Read his Wiki Reorganization call-out to the community. See sample results so far for the CEB Press, Power Cube, and Tractor. See also the OSE Required Reading for wiki participation.
- What have we done lately? Let it be known that our main deliverable for 2011 is the OSE Christmas Gift to the World
- I just submitted my application for the 2012-2013 Senior TED Fellows. Read this document for further overview of the program for the next 2 years.
- The construction for our new, 5000 square foot Digital Fabrication Training Facility is on its way. We have already build the roof frames and purchased roof metal. Check out David Ihnen’s design and animation:
- Initial plan for living units has been proposed by Margaret Ida Havens – see the initial selection of designs. The unique feature is that it uses the same grid spacing and roof sections as the workshop facility – so it is a modular design – therefore highly replicable. We are planning on a 10 person living unit, and calling it RepHab for Replicable Habitat, based on our core value of replicability.
No related posts.